Tight enough tread spacing for high speed, drag-free onslaughts, yet blocky and tall enough to really dig in when it comes time to slam on the brakes. A rounded profile and staggered, supportive side knobs keep clamoring for traction even as the trail loses its camber. Most often used as a rear tire, the Trail Boss also keeps the front in check on hardpack trails. Want to go out and own it? Be the Trail Boss.
Usage: XC / Trail / All Mountain
Conditions: Dry to Damp / Hardpack to Loam
- 27.5 x 2.25 TCS Tough/Fast Rolling: 1040g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.25 TCS Light/Fast Rolling: 778g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.25 Comp Tube-Type: 913g, DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.40 TCS Tough/Fast Rolling: 1050g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.40 TCS Light/Fast Rolling: 844g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 3.0 TCS Light/Fast Rolling: 1125g, Dual DNA compound
Tubeless-ready tires are compatible with both tubeless-ready and standard rims. When the tire is mounted on a tubeless-ready rim with special tubeless rim tape, valve, and sealant, the tire and rim form an airtight chamber that no longer requires a tube. This lets you run lower tire pressure with less fear of pinch flats and without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction and lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces. The tire can also be used with a tube if you mount it on a standard, non-tubeless-ready rim.